Date Set: Friday 6th February 2015
Literacy and Maths due in Thursday 26th February 2015
(Homework for next week and over half term)
Literacy – We have looked at different sentence types this week . Please look at the pictures in your book from the previous weeks and write an example of each sentence type below for each picture. So, you should write five sentences for each picture .
- Sentence of 3 for action — example: The polar bear ran across the ice, leaped into the air and landed on its mother.
- Adverbial starter —example: On the edge of the lake, the crocodile sat enjoying the evening sun.
- Noun starter— example: Water droplets slid rapidly down the long, spikey leaves.
- Double adjective starter – example: Dark, charcoal coloured fur protects the mole underground.
- Embedded clause— example: Cheetahs, which are the fastest land mammal, live on the African Plains.
Spellings for Friday 13th February Spellings for Friday 27th February
This week you have been set two question papers relating to fractions and readings scales for revision. These are both due in on the Thursday after half term but you have the opportunity to complete them before if you would like to.
Number gym— Keep practising your times tables if you have time to make you an amazing mathematician! Remember – even if you know your number facts keep refreshing your brain so you don’t get rusty. Username –brotherton password– wf119hq
PLEASE ALSO READ AT LEAST 5 TIMES A WEEK